Digital payment systems have only started to grow and make its way through the lives of Filipino businesses and consumers over the last few years. Now, during a time when most face to face transactions are discouraged, the need for online payment systems has skyrocketed. Like most business owners right now, you may be looking into partnering up with a digital payment provider to help your business start accepting payments online.
Here’s our quick guide on what factors to consider if you’re looking for a reliable payment gateway service best fit for your business in the Philippines.
- Security compliance - One of the most prevalent concerns about adapting digital payments is the possible security issues. Luckily, there are ways to check if the payment gateway provider is safe for use. Make sure to find out if the online payment gateway system is a registered and licensed Operator of Payments System by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, and if their website and apps are PCI certified--which means that they comply with all the regulations set by the Payment Card Industry.
- Fees - Digital payment gateways’ pricing for partnerships vary--some require a set up fee, a monthly or annual payment, or even extra charges if a certain sales volume quota is not met. All payment gateways will require a transaction fee from your business, but you ca save up and keep more of your earnings by considering the transaction fee rates of your options. Make sure to check what you’re required to pay before partnering up with a prospective payment gateway provider so you can smartly choose the best service that will give you a bang for your buck.
- Features - Look into what the payment service gateway provider is offering. Don’t hesitate to explore what they can offer and if they have unique features that your other options don’t have. For example, one feature worth looking for is if the provider enables you to send payment requests to your clients digitally, because online billing is extremely beneficial for any kind of business especially during this time. Another must-know is the service’s settlement period. Of course, you’d want payments to be transferred to you immediately, so make sure that the provider’s settlement period is short and quick. By doing your research, you can decide if the service and its features will be beneficial to you and your customers.
- Set up process - Ask yourself how easily the service can help you set up your new payment system. If you don’t have a business website, for example, it’s better to look for a provider that won’t require you to integrate the payment system into a website and can help you start accepting digital payments instantly without requiring extra technical qualifications. This way, you won’t have to worry about the setup process, which saves you so much more time.
- Customer support - Good customer support is a must for every service provider. If you’re just starting to look into your options, feel free to contact the online payment gateway service provider through their website, email, social media sites, or contact numbers. Inquire as much as you can and see if they address your concerns well and in a timely manner. The way they respond will be indicative of how they can help you resolve any possible technical problem you may encounter once you partner up with them.
All simple, and maybe even obvious factors, but all equally important things to consider that you shouldn’t overlook during your search. We hope this helps you choose the best payment system for your business!
Look no further!
But hey, did you know that you don’t have to look any further for your future digital payment gateway provider? That’s because JazzyPay has it all--our website and mobile apps have passed all the security tests needed to keep you and your clients’ information secure, we have all the jazziest, up-to-date features ready for you to use, and we promise that we absolutely don’t have any set up fees, monthly or annual fees, or a sales quota!
Plus, we value your time and business, so we make sure to respond to your inquiries as soon as possible. In fact, you can contact us now for more information at (02) 8994 9856 or (02) 8985 9750 or 0917 1321 4673 and we’ll assist you right away!
Join our top partners now!